Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Learn.

I'm in that point of time again. Everytime I start a new job, Long John's Silvers, McDonald's, ShowFest, Escape and now, Esplanade. I feel that it always happens to me. I feel like talking about it, but even this blog is useless.

Have you ever heard of, "Don't know? Ask." I've heard it a whole lot of times. Sometimes, I feel that people just say things because they're working. Those words don't actually mean anything. Try asking for a reaffirmation of something and you'll get on someone's nerve. I'm not angry and just ranting out crap. In fact, I have to understand the shoes of the guys in charge. They have to make sure everything goes well or their guys in charge screws them. No one likes to get screwed.

I wouldn't say that life there is fast paced. It isn't. The working environment has been set up a long time ago. Its just how fast one can adapt to it. And me, being the youngest there, only makes it harder to adapt. Girls, Smoking, Drinking, Sex. I'm not living in secondary school anymore. They're all much older than me, with an average age of thirty. If they don't have tattoos, they have piercings or other body modifications. If they don't have that, they're smokers and drinkers. If its not that too, they're gamblers. Most of the guys I'm with have gone in and out of jail before. That doesn't mean they're bad. I now understand the point of the "Yellow Ribbon Project" in Singapore. These guys, when they turn over a new leaf, can be really nice.

I believe in second chances. But that doesn't mean I allow myself to hang around with them. Influences come easy there. Saying "No" isn't as easy as just letting it out of your mouth. It's how you say it. Having an 'O' Levels Cert counts as "Clever". Doing Poly is mostly unheard of. I think i'm getting it. Don't complain, Just do.

After all, I'm only 17. We do have hard labour at times, but 60% of the time, we're sitting around.

Where else can you find a legal job that pays you $12 per hour?


No comments:

Post a Comment